Friday, June 3, 2011

Well, hello blog world!

I've decided it is time to get my feet wet in the blogging world...this may or may not be because of thenest...

Bear with me...I haven't done this since Xanga was popular!...Now who remembers that?!

A little about me:

Have been with FI for the past nearly 5 years...we'll call him J throughout this!  We originally were looking at renting about 4 years ago.  My mom passed away very suddenly from an undetected Brain Aneurysm (spreading awareness saves lives!) and there was no way I was leaving my dad and younger brother.  FI (boyfriend at the time!) knew this, and picked up shop and moved into my childhood bedroom like a champ!  We've been there since Feb 2008 and while it has been great, it was getting a little old!

How we got the homeowners world:

We stalked Redfin for months just looking at cute houses we'd like to live in one day...took it a step further and went to a few open houses.

...then it got fast!
  1. Beginning of Sept 2010...Saw a new construction townhouse development posting.
  2. Emailed agent without telling J.
  3. Made appt to see another townhome similar to new construction.
  4. Informed J of my actions...(dealt with grief for not involving him.)
  5. Loved model - met with builders.
  6. Put down deposit on Sept 29th, 2010...Happy Birthday to me!

I'll post a bunch of the early pics when I get home from work tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new home fellow nestie! I really can't wait to see what you do with it! I took a look at those construction pictures you posted and those town homes look beautiful!! I'm sure it is going to be completely dazzling inside!

    ReplyDelete