Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The great transformations! (And a funny mishap on my part haha)

House tour coming next week!  Having our housewarming party Saturday, so it will be as ready and clean as it ever will be!

Our builder was pretty good with picking neutral light fixtures and such, but then there was the kitchen and dining room light fixtures...


Exhibit A

The kitchen "bathtub" as we liked to call it lol.













Exhibit B

The Dining Room "chandelier"






To a 52' ceiling fan!





Exhibit C

"Boob lights" as FI likes to call them.  We still need to figure out what to do with these fellas...The same domes are all over the house, which is fine, but why place them like that? After he said that, it is all I can think about when I see it! HA!




My pretty windows!

We originally went to Home Goods by our house to pick up a little end table that we had seen and wanted for the top of our stairs just for a vase or something just to fill up the space...well we got into a little debate because I was convinced the one they had there was the original one we liked and FI was convinced there was a 2 drawer one.  This sparked a "Well no, Ellie...I know I am right...let's go to another HG and I'll prove you wrong!"  Bringing about a friendly bet-whoever wins has to buy the other an item for the house of their choosing, under $100.

Ended up being a blessing in disguise because we found this guy! (ahem...I'll have you know that they DID only have the one drawer table (which I knew lol) and I had a pic of it I had forgotten I took, so guess who bought these pretty little bench...yep..he did :)






I went back and forth with what to do with the space. Originally, it looked like this






It just needed something.  So after finding it, we bought it immediately.  With the addition of these curtains from Crate and Barrel, I think it ended up looking pretty good!  Need some different throw pillows, but those work for now.  Maybe some color!












This just made me laugh...who knew you couldn't wash/dry dishtowels with regular towels?  Learned that the hard way!  The green one on top went thru a cycle...the guy underneath, did not.










Also picked up this little guy at Home Goods for $40 the hallway upstairs...I'll post some pics of that decorated soon! :)


2 comments:

  1. I love that you called it the bathtub. I love all the random names the end up being the way something in the house is called.

    Everything is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your place is really coming together! I love all your changes so far :)

    themusingsofasimplegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete