Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall, fall everywhere!

Let me just start off by saying that Fall is my favorite season.  Ever.  If it could stay hoodie and jeans weather all year round, I'd be thrilled.  Throw in color changing leaves, UGGs, northfaces and pumpkin spice lattes and my life is complete.

We are currently trying to save every ounce of extra money since now the house is done and decorated, we figured it would be a good time to start planning a wedding lol.  So while I've been eating breakfast at home and bringing my lunch, I still find a way to spend money on holiday decor.  I can at least use it next year, right? :)


First off, to get into the fall mood, you need lots of fall goodies.  These two things made my weekend.  Pumpkin wine which smells real bad but tastes amazing and pumpkin spice k-cups for our Keurig.  Yum.


















Yarn Wreath

With the edition of pinterest in my life, I have found so many cute craft ideas.  I decided to jump on the yarn wreath bandwagon and make one of those!


I decided to do a mixture of orange and mustard yellow.  J told me it reminded him of a 70s couch and I got real discouraged...I may or may not pouted for a good hour and a half and left it laying there on the floor barely started.



He then went upstairs to watch football and I went to town.  It really isn't hard...just very very very tedious.  Very.


I'm not very good at tutorials obviously.  I added some felt flowers, stuck it on a ribbon and tacked it to the back of my mirror and tadaaaaaaaaaaaa


I followed this tutorial if you are interested :)



Moving onward to: 

Fall Wreath Numero Dos!

I ran to Michael's, picked up a twine wreath with a 40% off coupon, grabbed some packaged leaves, warmed up the hot glue gun and got moving.

Found this cute little scarecrow on a stick at Walgreens for $1...



stuck his stick into the twine, hot glued him down and got real leaf crazy.


Final product?




Other Fall Decor


2 comments:

  1. I love your wreathes and your decor. I totally relate to your love of fall, if I could be in a hoodie and jeans for the rest of my life I would be a happy woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! I've never really been a wreath person, they always looked a bit too country for my taste, but I really love yours! You have inspired me to make a wreath!! As soon as I have any money! lol

    ReplyDelete